Can I see the church's financial statement?
Does LPBC hold business meetings?
- Copies of the church's financial statement are available from the church office. Please allow a 5-7 business days after the end of a new month before asking for a copy, as it takes time to prepare the reports.
Can I get a record of my giving/tithing?
- LPBC holds one annual Business Meeting, usually in October. You can find the exact date by calling the church office or viewing the church calendar. This is when next year's proposed budget is presented to church members and voted on.
Why is giving/tithing important?
- To ensure proper record of your giving, you must use the envelopes provided by the church. Offering envelopes are available on the tables in the foyer.
- We have all been entrusted by God with our wealth (no matter how large or small) and are expected to be good stewards of this wealth, (Matthew 25: 14-30). Good stewardship includes returning a portion to God and his work willingly and according to what we have. (Numbers 9:7 and 18:28, 2 Corinthians 8:10-12, Acts 11:29, Mark 12:41-44)
- The church needs your gifts in order to pay the bills and keep the doors open. Without your gifts/tithe, we cannot pay our staff, the utilities and other obligations, or purchase our Sunday school and Bible study materials.
- Beyond the church's needs, your giving meets the spiritual and physical needs of those who come to the church to find a place of active worship, receive food from our food pantry, or have other needs met through our Benevolence fund.
- Your giving brings glory to God both personally and as part of the church body. (1 Corinthians 10:31, 2 Corinthians 9:7-8)